There is growing awareness of the widespread harm caused by Parental Alienation to children, young people, individuals, families and society at large.
In an experiential and participative environment this program offers learners the opportunity to acquire key skills and theoretical knowledge to effectively engage with individuals and families experiencing Parental Alienation.
Who is this course for?
The Post Graduate Certificate in Parental Alienation Studies is a comprehensive professional training program focused upon identifying, assessing, intervening and reporting effectively with individuals and families experiencing Parental Alienation.
The course is accredited by:
Malta Further and Higher Education Authority and is designed to supplement learner’s existing qualifications. The course is intended for professionals and others currently or considering working with children, young people, individuals and families across the social, mental health, statutory and voluntary sectors who wish to enhance their qualifications and to gain contemporary theoretical knowledge and skills to work with those affected by Parental Alienation.
What are the benefits of doing this course?
On completion of this program. Learners will have developed an advanced competency and proficiency working with clients / patients presenting with Parental Alienation problems. Learners will more fully understand the complex and challenging nature of Parental Alienation. Learners will be uniquely placed to influence attitudes and inform policy in the workplace, community and wider society
10 months – 1 academic year
Post Graduate Certificate in Parental Alienation Studies
One weekend a month Saturday and Sunday commencing October 2022
Online via Zoom
- Historical and Contemporary Theory of Parental Alienation
- Assessment processes in Parental Alienation
- Evidence Based Best Practice Interventions for Moderate and Severe Parental Alienation
- Legal report writing for the family law courts
- Child Development, Attachment, and the Family Theory
Written assignments and video presentations, Reflective writing and report writing
Level 6 (Malta) / Level 7 / 8 (Ireland) Bachelor’s Degree Level in humanities, Social, Legal, Educational, Mental Health, Medical, Social Work, Nursing, Psychology, Psychotherapy. Counselling or Child Care.
Applicants should have access to opportunities for client / case work in their current role and be able to apply theoretical principles and practice to their current case load.
The fee is 2550 euros. Pay 500-euro deposit on acceptance and the balance in 6 monthly installments of 341.67 euros through the monthly payment plan. Please note that this plan will operate by direct debit only and is inclusive of €100.00 administration fee.
Please make sure you have read the Course Information before you complete your application. Eligible applications must be fully completed, signed and be accompanied by the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- At least one written recent reference to support application
- A copy of the relevant certificates
- A recent original Police Conduct/Clearance Certificate
- A Non-Refundable Application Processing Fee of €50 is payable in order to process your application and verify your documentation
- Should you be accepted, you will receive a confirmation notice
- You will then be provided with a link to pay for your enrollment in the course